As you know, there are a plethora of free tools available that can be used to overwrite practically any CD or DVD you may possess. Personally, I like to work with the two free software: Ashampoo Burning Studio and ImgBurn, both of which have a long track record of being reliable. Nero 8 and Nero 6 are another of the two. Unfortunately, Windows 7 is only capable of burning the completed image to a blank CD or DVD. Another issue that newcomers frequently encounter after obtaining a computer is locating and installing programmes for working with CDs, DVDs, and other optical discs.
Ashampoo Burning Studio and ImgBurn are the freeware options available. It is quite simple to deal with them because they are written in English, and even a complete beginner may understand what they are saying. In this article, I’ll go over the process of working with them in further detail. You can skip forward to the end of this article if you’re only interested in learning how to rewrite various types of information from one disc to another using the Nero 8 and Nero 6 programmes, as well as what mistakes you might make in the process.
1. With Ashampoo Burning Studio
In Ashampoo Burning Studio, the capabilities are fairly extensive, and it will surely come in handy for you in the future.
- To begin, place the disc into the CD / DVD drive that you wish to duplicate or rewrite onto.
- Select Copy CD, DVD, or Blu-ray Disc from the drop-down menu.
- Following that, you must select the source drive; users who have installed tools that allow them to deal with virtual drives, such as Daemon Tools, must mention their real drive here, before proceeding.
- The reading process is complete; go to the next step.
- Depending on what we are duplicating, we insert a blank CD or DVD disc into the drive. Select Burn DVD from the drop-down menu.
- After a brief burning process, the disc is ready to be played back.
2. With ImgBurn
Originally, this application was intended to be used primarily for the creation and burning of nearly any existing image. You may also use it to produce an audio CD from many types of files, such as AAC, APE, FLAC, and so on. Create a DVD video disc from the VIDEO TS folder if you have the necessary software.
Although there is no direct CD / DVD copy capability in this application, if you do not need to rewrite discs on a regular basis, you can build an image of the disc you require with this programme and then burn it to a blank disc using the program’s burn function.
- From the program’s main window, choose Create disc image from the drop-down menu.
- We choose the destination folder, which refers to the location on our hard disc where the image will be stored once it is produced.
- Click the Save button after selecting a desktop and giving the image a name (such as My Image), and then selecting a location on your computer.
- Press the “read” button on your keyboard. The image is in the process of being produced.
- It is now your turn to burn this image on a blank CD or DVD disc and insert it into the CD / DVD player.
- To burn an image to a disc, select Burn Image to Disc from the main ImgBurn window.
- Select a file from the menu.
- Choose the image and then click on Open.
- After that, simply press the Burn button, and your disc will be ready in a short period of time.
3. With Nero 8
And now let’s have a look at how to work with the Nero 8 software. The initial window of Nero 8 -Nero StartSmart application will allow us to copy the files we require from one disc to another, amongst other things.
- Nero StartSmart is a module that allows you to start your pre-made projects right away.
- Nero Burning ROM is a specific module that allows you to create pictures and burn CDs.
- Nero Express is a pretty simple module, one could say, that serves the same functions as Nero.
a. Let’s Begin with Nero StartSmart
- Insert the disc into the drive and then click on the Copy Disc button followed by Copy.
- Following a brief copying procedure: Insert a blank disc for recording and press the Load button; our disc will be ready in a few of minutes after that.
b. Nero Burning ROM
- The same thing can be accomplished with Nero Burning ROM. Select Nero Applications and Tools, then Nero Burning ROM from the drop-down menu.
- In order to rewrite a DVD disc, we must first select the DVD project, then DVD-Copy.
- And finally, and most importantly, if you intend to rewrite a DVD disc and NOT create an image, your CD / DVD drive must be specified in the List of Recorders item. To copy something, press Ctrl+C.
- The copying procedure will begin, and you will be required to insert a blank disc after it is complete.
c. Nero Express
- Nero Express is likewise extremely user-friendly.
- Image, project, and copying are all of the available options which you can choose from the menu. A copy of the complete DVD is required.
- Just make sure that the drive source and drive receiver are correctly configured before clicking on the Copy button.
Read Also : Why is a 128GB SSD better than a 1TB Hard Disk?
4. With Nero 6
Nero 6 is the final programme that we will be looking at today. There are three different methods for rewriting a CD in it.
- Favorites-> Rip DVD from disc.
- Insert the disc into the drive and press the Copy button. After the copying procedure is complete, you will need to insert a blank disc into your computer to begin recording. That’s all there is to it.